Meet Our Speakers
AMA Executive Center, Atlanta, GA // October 29th -30th, 2019
- Alan ColquittAuthor of: Next Generation Performance Management: The Triumph of Science over Myth and Superstition
- Damon PorterChief Human Resources Officer, Grange Insurance
- Sharon StahrChief Communications Officer, Cobalt Credit Union
- Aisha Wright-BurkeDirector HR Business Partner, ADP
Alan Colquitt is a seasoned scientist and practitioner with more than 30 years of improving organizations. He is evidence-based, relying on research, data, and science to drive decisions about people, people practices and organizational practices. He is a macro thinker, well versed in strategy development, strategy implementation, capability development, and organization diagnosis, development, design, and change. He understands the context within which changes in HR strategy, systems and programs must fit.
Alan has extensive experience studying, researching and developing solutions across many areas of talent management and organization effectiveness: Attraction; recruiting and screening; employee value proposition; hiring effectiveness; engagement; retention; diversity and inclusion; high performance; innovation; team and alliance effectiveness; leadership (identification, selection and development); performance management; and pay-for-performance. He also has extensive knowledge of the external HR landscape with decades of experience working with many consulting firms, technology firms, research institutions, and HR think tanks.
Alan is an author, blogger, teacher and frequent speaker at conferences and special events. He is the author of “Next Generation Performance Management: The Triumph of Science over Myth and Superstition”, published in August of 2017. Alan earned his Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from Wayne State University. He spent 5 years at Procter & Gamble and 27 years at Eli Lilly and Company in a variety of technical HR leadership positions. He is an independent consultant/advisor and an affiliate research scientist at the Center for Effective Organizations at University of Southern California. Alan is also an adjunct faculty member in the Psychology department and the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University – Purdue University at Indianapolis (IUPUI).
Damon J. Porter joined Grange Insurance in May 2018 as its Chief Human Resources Officer. He and his dedicated team are charged with developing, implementing and administering HR procedures, policies and programs that meet Grange’s business needs, support its corporate values, and help enable the company’s future growth and direction.
Porter previously served as Vice President, Talent Management & HR Business Partners at Erie Insurance in Erie, PA. In this role, he led a talented HR organization that monitored, assessed and provided consultative human capital solutions. Prior to that, Porter served in various HR leadership roles at Duke Energy in Charlotte, NC, including Vice President, HR Planning & Integration, and Vice President, Corporate HR.
A native of Louisville, Kentucky, Porter earned an MBA from the University of Kentucky, where he also graduated magna cum laude with bachelor degrees in business management and marketing. He holds SPHR and SHRM-SCP designations, and has also completed the Executive Strategic Leadership Program at the University of North Carolina’s Kenan-Flagler School of Business.
A strong advocate of supporting the plight of others, Porter has served on numerous non-profit boards including the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture, Housing and Neighborhood Development Service (H.A.N.D.S.), and The Youth Leadership Institute.
He and his wife are the proud parents of three children and reside in Columbus, OH.
Sharon Stahr joined Cobalt Credit Union in December 1992. Mrs. Stahr has over 30 years of Credit Union experience to include 20 years’ experience in Consumer Lending. She currently holds the position of Chief Communications Officer which oversees the Human Resources and Marketing departments at Cobalt Credit Union.
Mrs. Stahr holds a Bachelor’s of Science in Management of Human Resources and a Master of Science in Human Resources Strategic Management from Bellevue University.
As a strategic and collaborative Human Resources Leader, Aisha has 19 years of impactful accomplishments in a variety of national and global over the course of her career, including Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Organizational Development, and Field HR. In addition, she has worked with leaders at all levels within organizations, in service and manufacturing industries. This has enabled Aisha to support and align with strategic business objectives from a distinct, yet holistic, HR standpoint. Presently, she uses her expertise talent management, adult learning, leadership development, diversity, and change management to positively impact the businesses, leaders, and employees with which she partners.
As a Director-Human Resources Business Partner, Aisha works with executives and leaders to plan and deliver strategic Human Capital Management expertise for ADP’s National Account Services. Currently, she is also serving as a Business Unit HR Lead, driving next generation performance and talent approaches to enable managers to lead their teams more effectively, accelerate talent, and transform employee strengths into continued business success. In this effort, Aisha is described by her peers as creative, insightful and having an ability to create learning communities.
Aisha earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, Georgia, a Master’s in Education – Human Resources Organizational Development (HROD) and a Doctorate in Adult Education-HROD from the University of Georgia. She’s also served as an evening Human Resources Instructor at the School of Continuing & Professional Education at Kennesaw State University in Kennesaw, Georgia. Aisha is a member of the Society of Human Resources (SHRM), SHRM-Atlanta Chapter, National Black MBA Association, Academy of Human Resource Development (AHRD), and holds SHRM-SCP and Lominger 360 certifications. Additionally, she a 2019 Atlanta Track Club Ambassador, chairs the Learning and Development Committee for the Society of Human Resources – Atlanta Chapter, enjoys teaching yoga, running marathons, and traveling with her husband Jenero in her spare time.
- Ari SchapiroChief of Staff, Auth0
- Rob Ollander-KraneHead Talent Planning and Performance, Gap Inc.
- Dr. John CrawfordResearch, Vestibular and Concussion Treatments, Private Practice
- Diane CrawfordChief Operating Officer, The Voyage In
Ari is a Software Engineer that when going through the technical path, started to take action into ever-increasing business-related challenges….until he realized he was passionate about helping organizations and teams to evolve and scale. He is Chief of Staff at the Identity as a Service company Auth0 where he built and maintains the Company wide Execution model based on OKRs. Before that he led the ISV business at Microsoft Argentina/Chile/Uruguay and prior to that, mission-critical projects for Fortune-100 customers.
Rob Ollander-Krane is the Director of Talent Planning and Performance at Gap Inc. Gap Inc. is comprised of 7 brands (Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Intermix, Hill City and Janie and Jack) and employees 140,000 people in over 40 countries. Rob’s passion is performance. He has spent most of his career in Learning and Development, Talent Management and most recently Performance Management and Talent Planning. His last five years have been focused on reinventing Gap Inc.’s performance management process. As he describes it, changing our process to focus more on performance and less on management. And more recently, has made similar innovations to succession planning.
Dr. John Crawford
John P. Crawford BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD (Path), DC, FRCCSS (C)
Dr. Crawford completed his undergraduate and Master of Science Degrees at Western University in London, followed by his PhD in Pathology at the University of Toronto Medical School.
After graduating from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC) in Toronto, he obtained Fellowship status from the Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Canada). He has been an educator in the fields of Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Neurology, Geriatrics and Clinical Diagnosis, lecturing to nurses, chiropractors, naturopaths, massage therapists, dental, medical and paramedic students. He holds the rank of Associate Professor at CMCC.
As an Independent Physical Examiner, he has served on the roster of the Financial Services Commission of Ontario. He is a fully certified Functional Capacities Evaluator and is certified by CMCC as an Independent Chiropractic Examiner. Dr. Crawford also holds certification through the American Board of Forensic Professionals in the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment (4th Edition). He serves on the Board of the Canadian Society of Chiropractic Evaluators and is a founding member of the Foundation of the Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Canada). He is a past Board Member of The Canadian Academy of Pain Management. In addition, Dr. Crawford is also a vestibular therapist and a certified Cognitive Functional Capacities Evaluator. He is trained in the diagnosis and management of concussion-related disorders.
Dr. Crawford continues to teach and currently engages in clinical practice and neuroscience research. He keeps balance in his life by participating in golf, baseball, cycling, and weight-training. He is an avid musician / songwriter.
Diane has a real passion for people, development and innovation. She radiates a powerful combination of experience and wisdom along with a refreshing sense of humour.
Diane has diverse management and operational skill sets. From managing her own start-up to directing a team of over 300 professional staff she has honed her coaching and people development skills. She offers first-hand strategies to manage the dynamics of change, build self-awareness, understand values, leverage strengths and create vision.
Diane has conquered a number of life challenges resulting in a resilient, positive, winning attitude. She has been a high achiever throughout her career but more importantly she has developed and positively influenced many others. Diane is a captivating story teller and international speaker.
Diane is dedicated to a balanced life that includes a very active lifestyle as well as giving back to the community.
Diane has multiple certifications; executive management, accounting and insurance. As a professional coach (PCC) and a member of the International Coaching Federation Diane is committed to the highest level of integrity and compassion in her practice.
- Nate McMahonSenior Vice People and Technology, The Motley Fool
- Jennifer BeihlSenior Manager Performance Development and Culture, GE
- James BrewerDirector Global Commercial Operations, Eli Lilly & Co.
- Dr. Bob NelsonPresident, Nelson Motivation Inc. Member, Marshall Goldsmith 100 Best Coaches in the World, and Multi-Million Copy Best-Selling Author 1501 Ways to Reward Employees
Nate’s passion is helping organizations develop people and software. At The Motley Fool, he works as an Executive Coach, Agile Project Manager and Coder to help build and scale the company’s renowned workplace “Next Practices”. In 2015, Glassdoor named the Motley Fool the #1 best mid-size company to work in the US. It is the only company, out of 125,000 nationwide, to receive this award two years in a row. Be warned: When provoked he will speak ad nauseam about organizational development, lean startups, and D.C. punk rock.
James Brewer has over 25 years of Bio-Pharmaceutical experience and has held a variety of leadership roles both globally and in the U.S. across multiple Bio-Pharmaceutical companies. He is currently Director of Global Commercial Operations at Eli Lilly & Company. James’Leadership responsibilities have included Incentive Compensation, Reward & Recognition programs, Sales Force Strategy and Deployment, Sale Leadership, Digital Marketing Platforms, Marketing Operations, Sales Operations, Reward & Recognition, and he is a Six Sigma Black Belt.
James graduated from Taylor University with Bachelor of Science degrees in Biology,Business, and IT Systems. He is married to DeAnn Brewer, M.D. and they have 3 children; a set of twin’s age 16 (son and daughter) and an 18 year old daughter. James stays active enjoying golf, downhill snow skiing, weight lifting and trying to keep up with his teenagers.
Dr. Bob Nelson
The leading authority on employee recognition, engagement and retention in the world and president of Nelson Motivation Inc., a management training & consulting company that specializes in helping organizations improve their employee recognition practices, programs and systems. He’s an Executive Strategist for HR Issues who has consulted with 80 percent of the Fortune 500 & co-founded Recognition Professionals International. He’s a long-term collaborator & confidante of Dr. Ken Blanchard, “The One Minute Manager” and currently a personal coach for Dr. Marshall Goldsmith, the World’s #1-ranked Executive Coach.
Awards & Accolades include:
• Leading Authority & “Consultant’s Consultant” for Recognition & Rewards by HR TECH Outlook magazine
• Senior Fellow for Human Capital by The Conference Board
• Top Thought Leader by the Best Practice Institute
• Top 20 Global Management Guru by Global Gurus
• Top Global Employee Engagement Influencer by EE Awards
Dr. Bob has sold 5 million books on management and employee recognition & rewards, including 1501 Ways to Reward Employees (now in its 64th printing), The 1001 Rewards & Recognition Fieldbook, 1001 Ways to Energize Employees, The Management Bible, and his latest book, 1001 Ways to Engage Employees. His books have been translated into 37 languages.
Has presented on six continents and appears extensively in the national media including CBS’ 60 Minutes, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, PBS, NPR, as well as in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, Fortune, BusinessWeek and Inc. magazines to discuss how to best motivate today’s employees. He writes a blog for executives for The Conference Board as well monthly columns for Incentive and Inc. magazines.
Has an MBA in organizational behavior from UC Berkeley and a PhD in management with the late, great Dr. Peter Drucker, “The Father of Modern Management,” at the Drucker Graduate Management School where his doctoral dissertation was on “Factors that Encourage or Inhibit the Use of Employee Recognition by U.S. Managers.” Lecturer for the MBA program at the Rady School of Management at the University of California in San Diego.
- Daniel HardingSenior Director Total Rewards and Employee Relations, MVP Healthcare
- Lee DerryberrySenior Manager People Advisory Services, EY
- Toral DesaiManager People Advisory Services, EY
Dan is the Senior Leader, Total Rewards and Employee Relations at MVP Health Care in Schenectady, NY. He has been at MVP since 2012. Prior to joining MVP, Dan worked for The Coca-Cola Company in Atlanta, GA working on Global Compensation and Benefits. He holds his SPHR, SHRM-SCP, CCP and GRP certifications. He has presented at National conferences for Merrill Lynch, CEB/Gartner and MetLife as well as at both the 2016 and 2019 WorldatWork National Total Rewards conferences. He sits on the MetLife Client Advisory Board as well as the Total Rewards Expert Council for WorldatWork. While at MVP, Dan has implemented many process and plan design improvements across both his scope for Total Rewards as well his expanded scope into Employee Relations. These include being quoted in Employee Benefit News for 401(k) plan design as well as an article published in Bloomberg (BNA.com) highlighting the successful Journey to Well-Being program at MVP Health Care.
Senior Manager, Human Capital 2323 Victory Ave Dallas, Tx 75219
Office: (214) 969 9800
Mobile: (270) 210 4079
- Doctor of Business Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Master of Industrial-Organizational Psychology,
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Campbellsville University
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Strategic Workforce Planning
- Human Capital Strategist
- Lee is based in Dallas as an I/O Psychologist providing human capital consulting concentrated in performance management, workforce planning, HR transformation and change management. She has a particular interest engaging stakeholders to drive organizational alignment.
- Designed a new standard process for development and performance management by engaging senior leadership in design sessions to articulate the core, technical and leadership competencies required to meet or exceed performance metrics
- Led the assessment and improvement of an HR transformation including assessing the current state of the organization’s talent practices, including performance management, facilitating a workshop to determine the scope of change desired and managing implementation teams to coordinate data mining
- Led workforce planning transformation project across Global Technology and Ops organization that manages a 100,000 person workforce. Project included current state analysis, workforce planning tool rationalization, stakeholder management, operating model evaluation and future state visioning
- Led the development and deployment of operational workforce planning tools, engaging stakeholders to collect business requirements, to validate data and assumptions, and to deploy the models across 10 businesses and 5 regions. Provided recommendations to evolve the capability to be strategic considering policies, process, governance, technology, organizational structure, and change management
- Directed the efforts to assess the current knowledge and skills within the organization, facilitated workshop to articulate the desired future state to meet growing business demands, mapped the role and organizational structure gaps, resulting in a transition strategy with optimized roles and org structure
- Led a work stream to identify, equip and collaborate with strategic partners to deeply understand how the HR global strategy impacts the business to drive strategic alignment and developed an ongoing support network to address the gaps between current and future state
- Supported the development of a digital vision, including facilitating focus groups to articulate the current state of digital knowledge, and skills; conducting a gap analysis to develop an improvement strategy; and creating an implementation plan to address prioritized digital capability gaps
- Supported the implementation of a global knowledge management program including assessing organizational readiness to customize communications, stakeholder engagement, and training; creating a knowledge inventory, conducting a gap analysis to expose knowledge deficiencies; developing and conducting Community of Practice training program
Manager, People Advisory
Atlanta, GA // Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology, Widener University
- MBA, Widener University
- Human Capital Strategist
- Toral is based in Atlanta as a business psychologist with 10+ years of experiences in HR and talent management.
- With EY, she advises clients on talent management strategy and processes specifically: workforce planning, leadership and succession planning, performance management, change and culture.
- Designed and managed talent acquisition, employee engagement and development programs for global hospitality company
- Responsible for the change management strategies for multi-year, multi-phase global financial transformation initiative consisting of business process, systems and technology, and job role changes.
- Developed a systematic and centralized approach for the career lifecycle management of senior leaders as part of a broader succession management strategy.
- Led workforce transformation initiative for a Civil Health Agency. Developed career path models and competency models for various occupations to build an organizational learning program.
- Led leadership development and organizational performance project focused on individual assessment and coaching to evaluate and develop individual and aggregate leadership skills. These initiatives led to better alignment between business strategy and leadership behaviors, impacting overall organizational performance.
- Designed a enterprise-wide process for development and performance management leading to targeted development and training activities to ensure a solid talent pipeline.
Vendor Attendance and Sponsorship
If you are a vendor, consultant or solution provider and wish to attend or inquire about partnership opportunities, please contact:
☎ 281.377.5843 x505